A growing soccer league always needs new coaches. Where do our coaches come from? From YOU, the league members!
All SCSL coaches should complete the following steps:
1) Complete online Sexual Abuse Awareness training provided by Abuse Prevention Systems. This is required of all adult volunteers. Contact our KidSafe Coordinator for more information.
2) Volunteer! Log in or create an account on this website, look for the "Volunteer Opportunities" button, and sign up to coach! Click here for instructions.
3) Complete a KidSafe form to allow SCSL to conduct a background check. This is required of all adult volunteers. You can complete this as part of the volunteer signup (see step #2), or click here to print the form.
Those who want to be head coaches also need to complete the following steps:
4) Complete the Heads Up! online training to better identify and prevent concussions.
5) Sign up to access U.S. Soccer Coaching Education courses and complete the appropriate Grassroots Coaching course (4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11). SCSL will reimburse coaches who complete the U.S. Soccer online training courses.
If you would like to speak to someone about the possibility of coaching or assisting, please contact one of the SCSL commissioners: