New Field Layout
The fields at the SoccerPlex have been rotated for the fall season. The 6U, 8U, and 10U fields will be immediately on your left as you enter the parking lot, and the 12U field will be at the back of the parking lot.
The back fields will both have 11v11 games on them, but for the moment we are only using Field #5.
Home and away sides have been separated due to COVID-19 (see below). Please sit on the same side of the field as your team.
COVID-19 Risk Reduction Policies
The following changes and rules have been put in place to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission:
1) Assumption of risk
- SCSL is taking precautions to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission, but we cannot eliminate it. Participation in SCSL activities assumes a risk of COVID-19 transmission, similar to going shopping or attending a congregate event.
- If you have underlying health conditions that place you at elevated risk from COVID-19, or you are not comfortable with the possibility of contracting COVID-19, do not participate in a SCSL event.
- If anyone in your family group answers "Yes" to any of the 5 pre-screening questions (click to read), do not attend a practice or a game.
3) Crowd management
- Please reduce the number of people attending games. Unfortunately this is not the right time for extended family to visit and watch your child play soccer.
- Home and away sides will be separated this season. Please sit on the same side of the field as your child's team. See the field map for details.
- Teams and families must sit 10 or more feet from the field.
- Other than for 6U or 8U games, please use the practice field to walk between the parking lot and the game fields. There is more space to walk around.
- Please maintain social distancing of at least six feet between family groups.
- Please keep any children who are not playing with you at all times. Do not allow children to roam the property.
- Please wear a cloth mask; shouting encouragement at your child(ren) has the potential to cause germs or viruses to become airborne.
The SCSL SoccerPlex is not a public park. It is a private athletic complex which is owned and maintained by the Shenandoah County Soccer League, a 501(c)(3) non-profit. Participants in the League's activities (recreational and travel soccer) are welcome to come and enjoy the facilities, but the League does ask and require that our rules are followed. Failure to do so will result in the offender being firmly asked to return to their vehicle, and may result in expulsion from League activities.
We look forward to welcoming everyone to the SoccerPlex Saturday, September 12, for Opening Day of the Fall 2020 soccer season!